It’s hard to believe that I have been here for 4 whole weeks already – essentially 1/12th of the way through my Indonesian adventure!
I am starting to settle down a little – I think as the year goes on I will need to remind myself that I am here to work, not travel, as life is pretty hectic and I sometimes get frustrated by not having enough free time so visit new places and relax, but I hope that as I start to get more used to planning lessons and work out exactly what I am doing then I will be able to buy myself a little more time. I am finally starting Indonesian lessons this week too, so although that will mean giving up some of my valuable free time, hopefully it will begin to make my day-to-day life slightly easier (and less exhausting!)
A few thoughts to share today:
* I had my first lesson observation the other day and am still waiting for the feedback. Although deep down I know that it went okay, it is still frustrating and nerve wracking having to wait all weekend to hear it!
* I had a new class this morning – my very own group of 7-10 year olds. I was extremely nervous about teaching this age group – they have so much energy! But I was so pleasantly surprised! The students are very bright, and very sweet, and I am actually a little gutted that I will only get one meeting with them every week!
* I have been getting up and going swimming in the mornings before school this week. It means a pretty early start, but it’s a nice way to enjoy (what is often) the best part of the day now rainy season is getting underway.
And some more photos – I have had a few fund days out playing with my DSLR camera this week – I am so glad I decided to get one before coming out here! I see new and exciting things all the time that I want to record and remember (including, but not limited to, the ‘Big Sizes Here’ sign I saw in a shop earlier today – that sort of thing is very useful!)
And some more fun at the zoo the other day 🙂
Finally, some ‘house keeping’ notes:
* I have no idea why the photos are not always uploading properly – we all know I am no computer expert, but I am trying a few different ways so hopefully you will be able to see them properly soon 🙂
* I have spent a few hours this afternoon replying to all your emails and Facebook messages – I wouldn’t say that I am homesick as such, but I do miss knowing what is going on in day-to-day life in the UK, so all messages are greatly appreciated!
Have a wonderful weekend 🙂 xxx