1) Let’s not beat around the bush here – I’m homesick and it’s rubbish. Rubbish rubbish rubbish. Pain lessened slightly by caring messages from wonderful friends and half a bottle of wine.
2) I started a new class this week. They’re a really low level, the lowest I’ve ever taught and it is quite the challenge – I’m pretty sure they only understand half of what I say. There’s a kid in the class called Man Juice though – that’s enough to brighten anyone’s day. Not actually spelt that way, obviously, and probably not pronounced that way either, but you can bet your bottom dollar I’ll be calling him Man Juice for the next 8 weeks!
3) For the past few months I’ve been teaching a class on Saturday afternoons to earn some extra money to pay off my Christmas holidays. I’ve regretted this choice pretty much since the first week, but the class finally finishes tomorrow. Woohoo!
4) I’ve started using days of the week as adjectives. Having classes on Saturday is so Monday!
5) I have been teaching the same class on Friday afternoons since I arrived in Indonesia, and they are so adorable. They brought me a belated birthday cake this afternoon (too delicious for pictures!)
Life update complete – Happy Friday everyone! 🙂