On Saturday I am off to Holland for 4 days – a holiday on holiday! Woohoo! 🙂
I’ll be heading to Utrecht to visit an old school friend currently studying there.
Anyway, Romin actually moved out to Holland before I set off for Indonesia last October, so it’s been well over a year since we saw each other last.
Here’s my Holland wish list…
1) Take some up-to-date photos! Aside from the prom night classic from above, this is the most recent I could find…..
2) Take lots of photos of everything actually!
3) Sample some of the links between The Netherlands and Indonesia. I have been to Amsterdam before, but back in the days when I didn’t even know where Indonesia was, let alone anything about the culture etc there. There are hints of Dutch colonialism all over Jakarta – I wonder if the links are also evident in Utrecht.
4) Soak up some European city-ness and traditional markets.I’ve missed that.
5) Chat, drink hot chocolates and watch the world go by!